Inspired by the demographics of Toyota Prius buyers, Lexus is shifting its focus and preparing to put more advertising muscle behind its lineup of hybrid-electric vehicles. Last week, Toyota Motor Corp. CEO President Katsuaki Watanabe announced plans for a new dedicated hybrid Lexus that would emphasize fuel economy, a departure from the more performance-oriented HEVs currently dotting the luxury brand’s lineup. Lexus HEV sales slipped some in 2007, but the move to green light ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.