SAN DIEGO – Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.’s Lexus brand once again is tweaking the sales target for its new dedicated hybrid-electric vehicle, the HS 250h. After dropping the goal from 30,000 to 25,000, Lexus now is calling for annual sales in the U.S. to fall within the 20,000-22,000-unit range, Mark Templin, Lexus group vice president and general manager, tells Ward’s. “Right now, there’s so much demand for that product in Japan…maybe 20,000-22,000 might be more realistic,” Templin ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.