Sales of Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.’s Lexus brand fell 6.9% on a daily selling rate basis to 24,939 units in March, contributing to the auto maker’s 3.4% decline from year-ago. The luxury marque’s sales drop outpaced that of the Toyota Div., which slumped 2.9% to 192,791 units. “Despite being down 6.9%, compared with 2007’s best-ever March, every single Lexus vehicle is up from (February’s) volume,” Brian Smith, vice president-Lexus sales and dealer development, says during a media ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.