PARIS — The battle in the U.K. over luxury car brands is heating up. BMW AG regained some lost ground in March and April, when a public backlash over its sale of the Rover Group hit sales hard. Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus Div. is doing the crowing for the moment, with a 165% sales' gain in the first five months, compared to BMW's 5.2% decline. “It seems public bad feeling towards BMW over the Rover saga has given many customers reason to investigate other prestige brands,” a Lexus ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.