Is the U.S. marketplace nearing a critical mix shift in the wake of 2010’s light-truck sales surge? Light trucks outsold cars for the first time since 2007, claiming 51.2% of the market, according to Ward’sdata. But the most popular light trucks owe much of their appeal to cars. Cross/utility vehicles, which are built on car platforms and boast car-like ride and handling and fuel-economy benefits, topped all light-truck segments with 2.8 million deliveries – 47.9% of all light-trucks ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.