Strong interest in Ford Motor Co. light-truck products helped keep the auto maker’s sales from sliding further than the double-digit decline it suffered in August, according to Ward’s data. Sales of Ford products – which include the Lincoln, Mercury, Volvo, Land Rover and Jaguar brands – fell 14.8% last month, when results are adjusted for total sales days. Car deliveries dropped 33.7%, despite a recent market trend that has seen volatile gasoline prices discourage shoppers from buying ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.