Light trucks will account for close to two-thirds of North American manufacturers’ light-vehicle production capacity in 2008, thanks mostly to changeovers to production of more cross/utility vehicles. In 2008, the production capacity outlook shows trucks will account for 63.2% of manufacturers’ annual straight-time capacity, up from 56.8% in 2004 and 57.7% this year.(See related data: Forecast North American Light Vehicle Production Capacity) Cars will continue to decline due to a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.