Ford Motor Co. is boosting production of its SVT F-150 Lightning to go with the pickup's increased horsepower. The automaker is raising by 50% the number of Lightnings scheduled to roll off the line of its Oakville, Ont. truck plant — from 2000's total of 4,996, to 7,500 this year. Ford insists the numbers won't jeopardize the “exclusivity” of the high-performance vehicle, a hallmark of its Special Vehicle Team (SVT) brand. The production hike was, in part, a response to demand by Ford's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.