The lights will go off at Ford of Canada Ltd.’s St Thomas, ON, Canada, assembly plant in September 2011, despite the best efforts of Canada Auto Workers union leadership. Some 1,600 workers will be displaced, despite “efforts by the union, lobbying, and protests” CAW President Ken Lewenza says today in a media briefing to announce a tentative agreement with Ford and the union. Ford had demanded concessions from its CAW workforce to match givebacks the union provided struggling General ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.