Chrysler Group ends production of its Neon compact car on Sept. 23. Taking its place at the auto maker’s assembly plant in Belvidere, IL, will be the ’06 Dodge Caliber – a sportwagon design with all-wheel-drive capability. Chrysler sold more than 1.6 million Neons, which debuted in 1984 as a Dodge product. In recent years, it sold with a Chrysler badge.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.