Normally when you think about shaving pounds from a vehicle, you think of downsizing or substituting lighter alternatives to steel. Supplier Faurecia SA is proposing a weight reduction strategy that quite literally is a bare bones approach, sometimes stripping off the skin and “celebrating the substrate.” Dubbed “Light Attitude,” Faurecia is showing a grouping of interior and chassis design concepts that it says taken together can chop 66 lbs. (30 kg) from a vehicle’s weight. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.