Ford Motor Co. is banking that an 11th hour enhancement to the subframe of Ford Motor Co.'s all-new Lincoln LS will help it achieve a “best pick” rating when the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) tests the car next year. While the LS met all required federal government certification tests even without the change, a company spokesman says Ford decided to enhance the subframe so as not to give its competitors any advertisable advantage in the IIHS's 40-mph offset barrier test. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.