HOT SPRINGS, VA – Ford Motor Co. launches the ’03 Lincoln Aviator luxury midsize SUV with an emphasis on driving dynamics to compete against the more car-like entries in the segment. The Aviator started with the body-on-frame platform of the Ford Explorer, but engineers spent three years developing its own unique characteristics, over and above the 50% shared components with the Explorer. Lincoln’s ’03 Aviator SUV will be in dealerships by month’s end. "We put a lot of money in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.