DEARBORN – Executives at Ford Motor Co.’s struggling Lincoln-Mercury Div. have etched out a new rallying cry: 500,000 units by 2010. Combined, the brands will top 300,000 units in 2004. The ’06 Milan is set for a Chicago Auto Show debut. But an onslaught of new products and a growing market in the U.S. for luxury cars “in the price range we are aiming Lincoln, which is $30,000-$50,000,” will spur the longstanding Ford luxury brands on to a half-million units by decade’s end, Phil ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.