Ford Motor Co.’s new 3.5L Duratec 35 V-6 engine will power the Lincoln Zephyr beginning with model year ’07, Ward’s has learned. Built at Ford’s Lima, OH, plant, the 250-hp engine is the same one that will be used to power the upcoming Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX cross/utility vehicles, unveiled this week at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The plant was given a $335 million overhaul in 2003 and is part of Ford’s flexible manufacturing scheme. (See related story: ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.