CARMEL VALLEY, CA -- Autocross in a minivan? Even though Mazda Motor Corp. now claims nearby Laguna Seca as its "spiritual home," give the Japan-based auto maker credit for just showing up with a fleet of pilot MPVs in tow. Because the mere thought of tossing a minivan around and between the pylons evokes pity. But when the cones settled and the smoky aroma of warm Toyos dissipated, Mazda's '02 minivan stood as testament to conviction over convention. This is in keeping with MPV's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.