MUMBAI – The state of West Bengal’s newly elected government has passed a special law that will allow it to take back 997 acres (403 ha) of land forcefully acquired from local farmers in 2006 by the last administration and given to Tata and its suppliers for a new factory to build the low-cost Nano car. The Nano was launched in March 2009, but because of violent political protests at the original plant site in Singur, production had to be moved across the country to Gujarat. Tata began ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.