The U.K.’s famous "black cab" may be assembled in Thailand. London Taxis International, the Coventry-based manufacturer of the popular taxis, has approached Benz Thong Lor, a major dealer in Mercedes-Benz cars, to become its partner in assembling the cab locally. London Taxi would like to start Thai assembly next year but has yet to finalize investment costs, officials say. The cab maker reportedly now is in talks with high-level Thai officials to hammer out details of a potential ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.