When it comes to the battle of public perception, Detroit’s auto makers are getting their teeth kicked in. Whenever the media have anything bad to say about the auto industry they always call it “Detroit.” Whether it’s environmentalists, safety advocates, NGO’s or aspiring politicians, “Detroit” is portrayed as the root cause of highway slaughter, global warming and unrelenting sprawl. Conversely, Japanese and European car companies are invariably portrayed as beatific corporate citizens ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.