CHICAGO — A technical paper (SAE No. 2001-01-2826 ) given by Paice Corp., Livonia, MI, at the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Truck and Bus meeting here, provides more detail on the hybrid system the company claims is both a cost and performance breakthrough. Paice CEO Ted Louckes tells Ward’s the combination of an 800-volt, 280-lb. (127-kg) lead-acid battery pack (18-48V modules) -- a motor amplification module consisting of induction generator/motor/controller, lock-up clutch and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.