CANBERRA – Australians could be buying Chinese and Indian cars for the price of personal computers by the end of the decade. The prediction comes as the first Chinese-built Volkswagen AG cars make their way to Australia. They are believed to be the first Chinese-made cars to enter a Western market. VW Polo Classic While the VW Polo Classic sedan will cost Australian consumers A$23,990 ($18,563), the Sydney Morning Herald says a Chinese car costing A$5,456 ($4,200) and an Indian car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.