Australia’s auto industry should prepare for lower import-car tariffs, Australian Small Business Minister Craig Emerson says in a recent speech to the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries. Emerson says the sector should plan for a decrease in government assistance and focus on innovation to ensure its viability. Former Victorian Labor Premier Steve Bracks has been appointed by the government to head an inquiry of the sector and is calling for public submissions on the review. A final ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.