SAN FRANCISCO — The cars have seen more than their share of delays and doubters, but the widely trumpeted '00 Lincoln LS is pretty close to being what Ford promised it would be back when the sedan first broke cover at the 1998 New York auto show. Lincoln has priced the LS rather aggressively, starting at US$31,450 for a 3L DOHC V-6/4-speed automatic combo. For those keeping up-to-date with their platform-sharing scorecards, the LS's V-8 is derived from the scintillating 4L AJ-V8 first ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.