Federal-Mogul Corp.'s acquisition binge suffers a setback, as its latest target, U.K. brake and electronics specialist LucasVarity plc, accepts a better offer from TRW Inc. The LucasVarity/TRW deal creates a $12.8 billion supplier capable of meeting original equipment manufacturer (OEM) demands for greater modular assemblies. But Federal-Mogul Chief Executive Richard Snell is not ready to walk away from the deal. U.K. officials have granted a Federal Mogul request under U.K. Takeover Code, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.