TRAVERSE CITY, MI – Bob Lutz, vice chairman of General Motors Corp.’s North America operations and head of Worldwide Product Development, has been in the auto industry for 40 years and has pretty much seen and done everything. His advice for everyone trying to cope with today’s scary marketplace: Don’t panic and be ready for the recovery when it comes. He points to headlines from 20 and 30 years ago that predicted Detroit was on the road to ruin. “Once you’ve seen the movie three ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.