ROYAL OAK, MI – The all-new ’08 Chevrolet Malibu sedan will give the market a run for its money, predicts General Motors Corp. Vice Chairman Bob Lutz, because for the first time in decades the auto maker set its sights on outdoing, rather than simply matching, the competition. “I think all in all, un-objectively, our effort was to make (the Malibu) best in class,” Lutz tells reporters here at last weekend’s 2007 Woodward Dream Cruise. “That’s the new philosophy on everything we do. Don’t ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.