MUMBAI – Luxury cars no longer are confined to India’s privileged few. Consumer profiles show that more than 10% of luxury cars are sold to buyers in small towns and even villages – wealthy farmers and food exporters in Punjab, jewelers in Gujarat and winery owners in Maharashtra. In two years, such buyers may account for 15%-20% of luxury car sales. Mercedes-Benz SL 500 These motorists now can drive to the cities in their Mercedes-Benz or Opel Astra. Says Vinay Dixit, vice ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.