ESZTERGOM, Hungary – Magyar Suzuki Rt. builds its 500,000th vehicle, a red Wagon R+, at its facility here. The plant, which began production in 1992, built 85,105 vehicles in 2001. It currently makes the Suzuki Swift small car, the Swift-based Subaru Justy 4-wheel drive and the Suzuki Wagon R+ microvan. Magyar Suzuki expects to produce 83,000 cars this year, with 60% earmarked for export. Starting midyear, all cars made at the Esztergom-based plant will have Euro 3 engines. A new model ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.