Despite forecasts of a tepid sales month, Malaysian new-vehicle deliveries in August rose 12.8% to 55,208 units. Malaysia’s The Star newspaper reports the Hungry Ghost festival, which this year began Aug. 10, generally leads to a business slowdown. It is the second-most important festival of the dead in the lunar calendar after Ching Ming, when Chinese families make offerings and prayers to their ancestors. “People see the month as a time to mourn rather than to rejoice, so they stave ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.