Favorable market conditions saw Malaysian new-vehicle sales in January climb to 54,696 units, from prior-year’s 50,622. Passenger-car deliveries were up 7.9% to 49,589 units, while commercial-vehicle sales rose 9.9% to 5,107. The Malaysian Automotive Assn. says sales were boosted by the availability of the 2011 production stock. The government’s Bernama news agency reports auto makers increased production 17.5% to 60,283 units to meet Chinese New Year deliveries. Passenger-vehicle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.