A Malaysian daily newspaper says the government “is believed” to have decided to grant a foreign party 51% control of national car maker Proton Holdings Bhd, with Germany’s Volkswagen AG mentioned as a potential partner. The Edge Financial Daily quotes an unnamed source as saying Proton negotiations resumed with VW in October. “According to the source, the government is agreeable to a model that would be similar to the arrangement between second national car maker Perusahaan Otomobil ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.