Malaysia’s new-vehicle sales climbed 12.7% in March to a record 63,265 units, up 56.6% from February’s total. A Malaysian Automotive Assn. attributes the increase to a longer working month and a rush by companies with financial years ending March 31. Passenger-vehicle sales rose 11.7% to 56,483 units, while commercial-vehicle deliveries jumped 20.9% to 6,782. “Fear and anticipation of a possible short supply and higher prices of motor vehicles caused by the catastrophe in Japan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.