Malaysia's passenger-car sales climbed 3.7% in May to 33,706 units, driven by an increase in sales by the country's national car companies. However, total vehicle sales fell 0.6% from year-ago to 43,510 units, dragged down by a 12.8% decline in commercial-vehicle sales, the Malaysian Automotive Assn. says. May sales were up 7.5% from the previous month. National car sales in May rose 9.4% to 26,501 units, from 24,218 year-ago. Conversely, non-national car sales slumped 13.2% to 7,205 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.