Malaysian new-vehicle sales declined 15.0% in January to 35,047 units, dragged down by a 75.3% slump in commercial-vehicle deliveries to 3,060, Malaysian Automotive Assn. figures show. A 10.9% increase in national new-car sales to 31,987 units was not enough to offset the huge drop in the commercial-vehicle segment. In the non-national segment, sales fell 4.4% to 15,628 units from year-ago’s 6,345. Of this, new-car deliveries soared 75.7% to 12,877 units, while commercial sales dived ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.