Malaysia's new-vehicle sales rose 7.6% in the first four months to 169,895 units from year-ago's 144,491. The Malaysian Automotive Assn. says passenger-car sales grew 11% to 125,169 units from 112,775, while commercial-vehicle sales jumped 41% to 44,726 units from 31,716. The group says customers in April continued to buy forward in anticipation of higher vehicle prices in July. “Market conditions remained positive,” says the association, despite a slight fall in passenger-car sales to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.