Malaysian sales of passenger cars for the year’s first half fell 11.7% to 161,265 units, while overall industry volume dipped 9% to 199,438 vehicles. Although demand is expected to rise in the second half, total car sales for 2003 will fall about 5% to 342,000 units from 359,934 in like-2002. Overall vehicle sales are expected to decline to 420,000 units from year-ago’s 434,954, says the Malaysian Automotive Assn. Honda’s Malaysian car sales shot up 121% in year’s first half. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.