Malaysian new-vehicle sales rose 12.5% in 2008 to 548,115 units but are expected to fall 12.4% to 480,000 this year. Last year’s result was the industry’s second-highest annual sales following the 552,316 vehicles delivered in 2005, the Malaysian Automotive Assn. reports. Passenger-car sales increased 12.3% to 497,459 units, while commercial-vehicle sales jumped 14.4% to 50,656. Car sales slipped 7.0% in December to 35,394 units, from 38,092 prior-year, while commercial-vehicle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.