KUALA LUMPUR — Foreign automakers are playing a waiting game in Malaysia and no one has a clue how long the wait will be. Their current position is unenviable. Twenty-one different brands assembled here from CKD (complete-knock-down) kits are in a free-for-all fight for around 17% of the automotive market, while two national car companies hold the balance. Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional (Proton) and Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua Sdn. Bhd (Perodua) cars already had a significant price ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.