BURLINGTON, VT – General Motors Corp. is taking dead aim at the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord with its all-new ’04 Chevrolet Malibu midsize sedan, which should be in most dealer showrooms by Oct. 1. The auto maker ultimately hopes to sell 200,000 cars annually, with a mix likely to be 50% the mid-level LS model, followed by the base at 30% and the LT at 20%. In keeping with its goal, the new Malibu has crisp, distinctive lines that give it European styling while retaining the timeless, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.