MAN AG is seeking E190 million ($167 million) for compensation relating to its purchase of British truck firm ERF in 2000. MAN bought ERF for E170 million ($149 million) from Canadian company Western Star, which DaimlerChrysler AG now owns. The amount MAN is seeking is to cover hidden losses in ERF’s accounts at the time of the sale, says a German news report. ERF fired two of its top executives last August for accounting irregularities. The ERF acquisition has pulled MAN’s truck ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.