DaimlerChrysler Corp. reportedly has turned its sights to Toledo, OH, as the latest possibility for additional PT Cruiser capacity. The Toledo Blade reports DCC is considering building the crossover vehicle at one of two aging Jeep factories in the city. However, sources tell Ward's that a third assembly plant currently under construction in Toledo also is a candidate. While the new plant is scheduled to begin building the '02 Cherokee beginning in mid-2001, flexible manufacturing techniques ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.