CAMI Automotive Inc.'s Ingersoll, Ont., assembly plant in January will idle truck production for two weeks and car output for one week due to excess inventories. Shutdown of the car and truck assembly lines reportedly is scheduled for Jan. 3-7. Some 1,800 workers will be affected. Truck assembly operations will be shuttered again from Feb. 14-18, idling some 800. The announcement worsens an already difficult situation for CAMI, a joint venture between General Motors Corp. and Suzuki ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.