Saturn Corp. reportedly is offering as many as 420 union employees at its Spring Hill, TN, plant incentives for early retirement, unpaid leaves or job sharing in order to cut costs because of slow sales. The incentives, which include up to $25,000, are available until Nov. 1, while job sharing and leaves of absence are available until the end of 2001. The facility employs some 6,000 United Auto Workers members. But staffing needs are changing at the plant as it readies to build a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.