Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America Inc. makes it official, confirming the next-generation Montero Sport sport/utility vehicle (SUV) will be produced in the Normal, IL, assembly plant beginning in 2003 (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Dec. 20, '99, p.5). The move to Normal, MMSA says, is the first phase of “Project America,” a $1 billion program to plan, design, engineer and build core products in the U.S. With the sourcing switch, the '04 Montero Sport will move to a new car platform, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.