General Motors Corp. confirms it will build the Chevy SSR roadster/pickup at its Lansing, MI, Craft Centre beginning in 2002 (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Dec. 4, p.1, '00). ASC Inc., which is providing engineering assistance, also may oversee output. GM's Adam Opel AG unit will spend $1.08 billion next year on its operations, including a new plant in Ruesselsheim, Germany, where production should be launched beginning in 2002, and Kaiserslautern, Germany, where the new Ecotec motor ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.