Ford Motor Co.'s Avon Lake, OH, facility will idle 500 workers beginning March 26 as it cuts second shift production to reduce inventories of Mercury Villager/Nissan Quest minivans, the automaker says. Avon Lake employs 2,500 workers. Ford's Michigan Truck plant in Wayne and its Chicago Taurus/Sable factory are closed this week (Feb. 19-23), also for inventory control. Fiat SpA's Teksid Inc. castings unit will spend $41 million to build a second plant in Sylacauga, AL, to make engine ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.