The most watched product launch since Volkswagen AG's New Beetle enters another phase when DaimlerChrysler Corp.'s Toluca, Mexico, assembly plant begins making left-hand-drive models of the PT Cruiser for European markets Wednesday (March 15). Almost two weeks later, on March 27, output of right-hand-drive PT Cruisers gets underway. DCC is projecting annual PT Cruiser production in Toluca to be 180,000 units, with Europe getting 25,000 units in 2000. The top markets will be the U.K. and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.