Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. reportedly will join a growing list of foreign-based automakers with assembly plant operations in the Deep South. The Japan-based company isn't commenting on reports that it will build a $1 billion assembly plant on a 1,000-acre site in Canton, MS, just north of Jackson. But the Birmingham (AL) News last Thursday (Oct. 26) quoted city officials from Opelika, a town in Alabama that was competing for the new Nissan facility, who said the automaker had decided to build ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.