Brazilian-built versions of the Volkswagen Golf should begin arriving in North America sometime in May or June, a VW spokesman says. U.S. bound Golfs currently are built in Europe, but VW slowly has been transferring that production to Curitiba, Brazil, as a way to free up capacity at its Wolfsburg, Germany, plant and meet European Golf orders. Currently, just the 4-door Golf is made in Curitiba, but the GTI and 2-door Golf for North America soon will be transferred from Germany to Brazil. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.