General Motors Corp. will launch production today, Sept. 18, of 5-door versions of the revamped '01 Opel Corsa at its Zaragoza, Spain, assembly plant. The facility, which began output of 3-door models Aug. 21, is expected to build 425,000 of the cars — sold in nearly 80 countries — in the first full year of production. Zaragoza, which employs 5,400 workers in 495 work teams on three shifts, currently is building about 45 cars per hour, but is looking to ramp that up to 90 units per hour ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.